Today Nokia has announced Lumia 1520 – it’s biggest windows phone ever. With a 6-inch 1080p display it is the first windows phone with such huge screen and the first to support such resolution . These changes will usher in a range of high resolution Windows Phone handsets over the coming year, with varying shapes and sizes.
This phone has been announced at Nokia World in Abu Dhabi. This phone offers the latest build of Microsoft OS i.e. GDR3. It allows three columns of live tiles on the start screen. At this sort of display size and resolution it’s necessary make improvements to third party apps so that apps don’t appear just stretched out. Nokia and Microsoft has done fantastic job with built in apps. They are optimized to support this screen. We hope the same for third party apps too.
This is also the first phone powered by Qualcomm’s quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor with 2 GB of RAM. So the user experience will be be super slick. It’ll also be the first Lumia to arrive with Nokia Camera, a new camera app that fuses the best of the Pro and Smart cameras that came before it. The camera is pegged at 20 megapixels, with a BSI f/2.4 Zeiss lens and optical image stabilization. This phone supports stereo audio capture thanks to 4 microphones. Storage space shouldn’t be a problem with 32 GB with Micro-SD support of uptp 64 GB. The battery capacity is sufficient at 3400 mAh with support for wireless charging. That polycarbonate shell will support yellow, red, white and white black options.
Nokia Lumia 1520 detailed specifications:
- 6-inch (1920 × 1080 pixels) capacitive touch screen ClearBlack display with Gorilla Glass 2 protection
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 20MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), High resolution zoom 2x, Autofocus, dual LED flash, 1080p HD video recording at 30fps
- Nokia Camera app
- 1.2MP HD front-facing camera with wide angle lens
- Dimensions – 162.8 x 85.4 x 8.7, Weight – 209g
- Rich Recording with four microphones; Wideband Voice and multi-microphone noise reduction with four microphones
- Dolby Headphone, Graphic equalizer, Audio leveling, FM radio
- LTE / 3G HSPA+ 41Mbps, WiFi (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS with Glonass, NFC
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, micro SD card support up to 64GB
- 3400 mAh (integrated) with built-in wireless charging (Qi compatible)
Nokia Lumia 1520 will be launching in Asia and Europe later this quarter with a price tag of $750.