Microsoft had a little treat in store for iOS and Android users with the release of Remote Desktop client app, allowing users to connect to their Windows PCs from their smartphones and tablets. but there was no Windows Phone version in sight. Fortunately, Microsoft is already working quickly to fix this. “Remote desktop on phones is a relatively rare usage scenario,” a Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement. “That said, we are working on a version of the app for Windows Phone. We’ll be able to share time frame at a later point in time.” It’s still a little surprising to see this from Microsoft, but hopefully Windows Phone users won’t have to wait too long.
This app is exactly what you would expect – a duplication of the Remote Desktop interface in Windows, complete with complicated options. However You would find that it would be easier to use competitive apps that don’t require knowledge of your IP address and setting up your firewall.
Features of Microsoft Remote Desktop App.
- Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
- Rich multi-touch experience with remote desktop protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
- Secure connection to your data and applications with breakthrough Network Layer Authentication (NLA) technology
- Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
- High quality video and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage
* via – play store